If you’re anything like I am then sometimes lunch is a bit of a problem. Breakfast is easy. Shakes seamlessly fall into our morning routine as we go about starting our day, taking comfort in knowing that we’re preparing ourselves well for the tasks that lie ahead. Supper is our main meal of the day and it signals the beginning of our wind-down. But lunch? Lunch often gets forgotten Luckily, for those days when I find myself unprepared, a box of Herbalife Shake Bars makes for the best sort of hero.
And of course there are plenty of advantages to this healthy meal:
- Balanced essential nutrients for a complete healthy meal replacement
- High fibre and protein for sustained energy and to keep you fuller for longer
- 206/207 calories (by flavour)
- Suitable for vegetarians
- Crunchy and chewy
Have you tried them yet?
Experts in nutrition, Herbalife brings you expert nutrition for your skin. With over 15 vitamins and botanicals our skincare is packed with daily goodness to enrich your skin.
Enhance the appearance of your skin with our unique blend of vitamin B3, antioxidant vitamins C and E, Aloe Vera and other botanical ingredients.
Herbalife SKIN is a sulphate-free* line with no added parabens** and is dermatologist tested.
Pamper yourself with luxurious textures; soothe yourself with silky soft lathers. Be inspired by radiant essential oils and fresh, captivating fragrances.
Our clinically-tested products help you achieve optimum daily results including softer, smoother, more radiant skin and a diminished appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
* Sulphate-free applies to foaming, cleansing products: Soothing Aloe Cleanser, Polishing Citrus Cleanser and Instant Reveal Berry Scrub.
** No added parabens is not applicable to the SPF 30 Protective Moisturiser.
We discussed last week that sometimes it takes a little effort to establish a good sleeping routine. Elusive sleep can be an absolute drain on your energy levels and after a while you might start to feel like you’re going just a little bit mad. Not ideal. There are some things that you can do to help
Here are some more sleeping tips to try to make sure that you get those 8 hours in!
- Don’t Toss and Turn – If you still haven’t fallen asleep after twenty minutes of trying it might be best to turn the light back on and do a bit of reading until you’re ready to fall asleep again. Otherwise you’re setting yourself up for a night of tossing and turning which is most certainly not ideal.
- Keep the Bedroom Optimised for Sleep – Remove the television and other electronics and keep your bedroom a tech-free zone. This reinforces the idea that your bedroom is for sleeping and your body will condition itself to that idea.
- Limit Your Alcohol Intake – While alcohol might help you fall asleep, once the depressive effect wears off it may have the opposite effect and cause you to wake instead.
- Nap Less – Of course it makes sense that struggling to sleep at night can lead to needing to nap during the day, but napping may disrupt your sleep cycle so if you’re having a problem sleeping you might need to consider forcing yourself to skip the afternoon siestas.
- Try to Avoid Sleeping Tablets – If they’re unavoidable, work alongside your doctor to figure out how to use them effectively and for as little time as possible.
Do you have any sleeping tips?
We all know that good sleep is essential to our overall wellbeing, and yet for so many of us sleep can be an elusive little rat, leaving us staring wide-eyed at dark ceilings until the early hours of the morning, and then refusing to leave once the alarm goes off. We do, however, tend to often leave our sleeping patterns to chance. So much care is taken when it comes to preparing the foods that fuel our bodies, and time is carved out for the activities we take part in to ensure that our bodies remain strong and fit. Perhaps it is time to do the same for our sleeping patterns.
Here are some quick tips for a better night’s sleep:
- Watch Your Diet – Make sure that you go to bed neither hungry nor too full. Both states may contribute to keeping you awake.
- Cut Down on the Caffeine – While coffee might be helping you wake up in the morning, it could also be contributing to keeping you up at night. Try to limit you caffeine intake after lunch and see if it makes a difference to your sleep schedule.
- Reconsider the Smoking – Aside from the obvious health risks related to the consumption of nicotine, it can also keep you awake at night.
- Stick to a Consistent Sleep Schedule – A sleep schedule will train your brain to be tired at the right time of day. It’s important to continue waking and going to bed at the same night on a daily basis, even on weekends.
- Exercise Daily – As little as a twenty minute walk in the early evenings can make a huge difference to your night’s sleep.
The smallest changes can make a big difference when it comes to a good night’s sleep.
Good luck, and sleep tight…
Our delicious Formula 1 Shake Mix provides protein from milk and soy, essential micronutrients and added botanicals and herbs.
- The number 1 meal-replacement shake in the world.* Formula 1 Shake Mix have helped people all across the globe reach their weight-loss goals. Reach yours today!
- Underpinned by science: Clinical studies show that daily use of meal replacement shakes as part of a calorie restricted diet is proven effective for managing weight, along with moderate exercise.**
- Kilojoule-controlled: Approximately 920 kJ per serving when made according to directions.
- Source of protein from dairy and soy (18 g per serving).
- Quick to whip up, a Formula 1 Shake Mix is a convenient alternative to a high-kilojoule breakfast, lunch or dinner.
- Soy protein: providing essential amino acids.
- Provides essential vitamins and minerals.
- Available in various delicious flavours and also available: Formula 1 Free From Shake – free from lactose, soy and gluten when made according to instructions and suitable for vegetarians.
How can it help you?
When trying to lose or manage your weight, it’s important to maintain a nutritionally balanced diet. A shake like Formula 1 Shake Mix helps you to control your kilojoule intake whilst also providing essential vitamins and minerals, with carbohydrates and protein.